This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

Creative summer program for high school students at Watkins College of Art, Design & Film

>> Wednesday, May 1, 2013



Last summer I had the privilege to teach a remarkable group of high school art students. Watkins College of Art, Design, and Film hosts a Pre-College Program each July for students to experience the life and culture of an art college while earning college credit. In addition to taking classes in art history and portfolio preparation, and taking field trips to local galleries and studios, students choose a concentration to study: film, drawing and painting, graphic design, interior design, or photography. 

I taught the month-long graphic design class, meeting with my tight-knit group of students daily to hone their design skills.  I'm looking forward to teaching the Pre-College graphic design course again this summer, and I'm also excited to share the brochure I designed for the program a few months ago. I've posted the pages of the brochure design here (click on the images to view a larger version), and you can also see the full pdf here

While the scholarship deadline has already passed, Watkins College will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis. If you have any creative teens in your life who would love to spend the summer immersed in an inspiring art program, please spread the word. 





0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP